Thursday, August 18, 2011

Killer Bee

Last week a rather large bee got caught in the flat; when he couldn't an escape route he got a little mad. Then he began stinging everything in site- window, lightbulb fixture, wall.

As I frozenly watched the bee sting things, I mentally went through a gambit of thoughts at the same time: If the bee doesn't leave soon, things could get bad; if I get stung, I have no idea if I'm allergic to bee stings, which isn't a problem unless I am; that can be fixed with an epinephrine pen, which I don't have (grrr... where's Akavuti when you need her!); what's the number for emergencies here... have no clue (grr... maybe I should know this!); why can't the bee just leave! The balcony door is wide open. Stupid bee.

Then I made the mistake of getting angry at the bee, which made him realize I was there (before he'd kind of ignored me). And then he got even more angry and started chasing me, stinger out and ready. I ran (second mistake) down the hall with yelps of screams coming out of my mouth (a third mistake as this seemed to provoke him more) and locked myself in the bathroom while the bee furiously stabbed at the door causing the door to shake and rattle while I fervently prayed the bee couldn't get through the large cracks at the top of the door. I finally decided to bang the door as loud and hard as I could, which I did (a potential fourth mistake and probably NOT the smartest move, but I was desperately hoping to scare the bee away from the door or something). After a few seconds all was quiet and I slowly and cautiously opened the door and exited only to find the bee stinging away (though less angry) at the hallway wall. I finally got the nerve to grab my shoe and kill the bee, which caused a huge splat of brown syrupy goo to go flinging all over the place (I'm assuming that that goo would've later become honey at some point).


Good riddance, bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment